Wednesday 17 December 2014

Online tutorials + Comments (Planning)

Malevolent Phantom
Editing

For the initial draft edit of the opening of our film we used Sony Vegas software to edit purely because I have used it before and find it easy and comfortable to work with, also its on my laptop at home so I could edit the film outside of school. It will be good in giving us a simple, clear idea of what our project will look like all edited together and what parts we may need to re-film or change to make it look more professorial. After Christmas we may choose to re-edit it in adobe software to get a more sophisticated look to it with more developed features so I will look at tutorials for how to use that software to the best of my ability. I have used Sony Vegas for a few years now and have developed my skills whilst using it so I didn't need to watch any online tutorials on how to work it but just to refresh my memory I quickly glanced over a few tutorials to develop my skills even further and looked over the basics again (mainly the keyboard shortcut keys as it makes life a lot easier.) 



This video goes over the basics and gives newbies a clear idea on how to do the most simple editing, when I first started editing this would have been helpful, so to refresh my memory on how to edit using this software was perfect.


When you're editing it can be quite tiresome to keep having to use the mouse to click things and perform simple tasks when having a keyboard shortcut would be a lot easier. This video quickly sums up the basic Sony Vegas shortcuts to make editing even easier.


The other software we will use after Christmas to create a more professional look to our film is adobe, I have never used this software before and therefore will research into it to find out how to use it to the best of my abilities. The video above helped me to learn the basics of this adobe software so I now feel more confident in editing our film footage in it. I think between now and after Christmas it would also be helpful to learn how to do opening titles as it will create a more professional look for our film.

No comments:

Post a Comment